9:30 Bible Class
6:00 Evening Worship
New to our church? Start here.
Join us this Easter!
Women's Bible Study
Tuesday nights at 7:00
STRIKE WHILE THE IRON’S HOT
There are two or three times a year when people who do not regularly attend church think about going. Christmas and Easter are the two big days, followed
closely by Mother’s Day.
Well, just in case you didn’t know, Easter is just around the corner! And since this is one of those times when people are thinking about visiting a church,
this is a perfect opportunity to invite someone! Here are some ideas for how to invite:
- You come in contact with many people throughout the day: cashiers, bank tellers, nurses, doctors, (for some of us!), people in the grocery store, etc. Try starting a conversation with them about
- Since we are having an egg hunt for the kids, ask if they have children or grandchildren and invite them to bring the kids to the egg hunt. Let them know that we will be having a devotional
lesson for the kids. (Many people want their kids to have some kind of church exposure, even if they themselves don’t attend.)
- Since we are having breakfast, invite them to join you for the meal. Offer to pick them up or meet them in the parking lot, then take them around and introduce them to others during the
- Throughout the day, randomly ask people what they are doing for Easter. If they don’t mention a church service, invite them to attend with you.
- Follow up on those you invite. Invite them to join you for lunch after services, or, if you have other plans and cannot do this, invite them for coffee or a meal sometime in the next week. Ask
them what they thought about the service. (Don’t try to ‘convert’ them, just listen to what they say and use this information to build a relationship. Discipleship is a process, so building the
relationship needs to come first!)
We will be providing cards for you to hand out with all the information about our upcoming service. Please take some of these and hand them out to strangers you meet throughout the day. Our
commission is about ‘going,’ so let’s go!
Chosen: Joshua and Caleb, Numbers 13-14 (April 6, 2014)